Christmas present with a twist? Think festival trip to ABDN!
What do you get for that one person that has it all? An experience they’ve never had before!
It’s getting harder and harder to find that present that, 1. will be a surprise and 2. the person doesn’t already have! That’s why we’ve taken the time to help you plan something a little different to gift this Christmas… a festival trip to Aberdeen!
This is a good place to start (of course). What is your loved one interested in? Light, dance, music, outdoor concerts, literature, visual arts? Browse www.aberdeenfestivals.com/our-festivals and check out which of our 11 festivals ticks the box best!
Where to stay…
With over 5,000 hotel bedrooms in the region, you won’t be short of accommodation options to impress. Think coastal carriages, country manor house, cosy B&B, city apartments or 5* luxury hotel… here’s some options to research further:
- Skene House Apartment Hotels - pay for a bedroom here and get a living room for free! Enjoy all the facilities of a hotel but live in an apartment at one of Skene House’s three city centre locations.
- Meldrum House Country Hotel – want to be nestled in the Aberdeenshire countryside? Take the short trip north of the city and find yourself in the tranquil settings.
- Deeside Holiday Park - Think something a bit different will really get you those brownie points? How about camping pods in beautiful Royal Deeside? Ideal for exploring the great outdoors too.
Where to eat…
With 84 ‘Taste of Best’ restaurants dotted across Aberdeen and Aberdeenshire, trust us – the grub here is pretty good. For fine dining to impress head to Moonfish Café (fun fact – the head chef made it the final of MasterChef in 2014!). For hearty comforting food close to festival hubs make your way to Belmont Street where you will find Rye & Soda – serving a delicious and varied menu.
And if you want a quick refuel between festival shows then head to the famous, The Grill for a wee warming dram or for a homegrown craft beer take a trip to BrewDog’s flagship bar close to many festival venues!
What else to do…
Don’t miss a trick; make sure you jam pack your festival itinerary with lots of iconic tourist attractions, fun activities and new adventures. From mountains to sea, Aberdeen and Aberdeenshire have a lot to offer…
- Over 300 impressive, majestic and historic castles (including Balmoral Castle – the holiday home of the British Royal Family)
- 8 whisky distilleries
- 55 golf courses
- The UK’s largest National Park – the Cairngorms
- Museums and galleries
- 2 old city towns
- 165 miles of coast